Friday 3 August 2012

Misconceptions of Major proportions....

People should know, I'm not a very political person. The most interested I've ever been in politics is when Aragorn had to usurp the steward of GONDOR and take his rightful place as king. *That was in reference to one of the most awesome pieces of literature in living memory, The Lord Of The Rings.* For those who haven't read the series, .............. , I'm sorry but is that even a possibility. Anyways, before my mind starts wandering, lets get back to my take on politics,

Umm, Politics, yes, right, my take, sooo, POLITICS!!.
                                                        

Nope! Still nothing!

                                                   

So, When someone came up to me the other day and asked,

RANDOM DUDE : "Hey Dude, you're Muslim, right?"
ME : "uh-huh"
RANDOM DUDE : "Why do you hate the world so much, What's with all the terrorism?"
ME : "They weren't real, I swear!"
RANDOM DUDE : "What weren't real?"
ME : "The fart noises, I swear, They might seem so in the video, buh they were completely dubbed."
RANDOM DUDE : "What are you talking about?"
ME : "What are YOU talking about?"
RANDOM DUDE : "Al-qaeda, Bombs, Taliban, etc, etc"
ME : "Ohh...So you havent seen the video?"
RANDOM DUDE : "What video?"

*Note to self; delete video*

And then folks, The entire conversation does a rerun through my head. Here was a guy believing that Muslims have a soft spot for mass murder. Now thats just wrong!! My issues with clowns aside, I have absolutely no homicidal tendencies within me, Dormant or otherwise. Sure, there was that Mime I ran over last year, but in my defence, I'm pretty sure he was alien anyways.

                                                    

(What perfectly sane guy would ever wear make-up? And that shade of lipstick sooo didnt go well with his scarf. Also, a little foundation never harmed anyone, perhaps even a tanning appointment. And those tights, CAN WE SAY DISASTER, anyone?)

RANDOM DUDE : "Umm, are you just gonna stand there all day, or, am I gonna get a reply."
ME: "Oh...uhh...where were we?? Aah yes, your implication on my religion. Honestly bro, I don't get where you're getting this from. Your misconceived assumption based on a stereotype without foundation is quite literally degrading."
RANDOM DUDE : "But it's true right?"
ME : "HELL NO! I donno who the Al-Qaeda or Taleban are, but they are NOT MUSLIMS!! There is no such thing as EXTREMIST muslims. We DO NOT live by the sword. ('Light Saber' i can imagine, That be like super cool, I'd make an awesome Yoda and then w....), Oh ryt, umm....., The point is, JIHAD is our struggle to practise our religion despite oppression. We DO NOT go to war, GET IT! There is absolutely no question of waging a "HOLY WAR" to "SPREAD THE FAITH" and compel people to embrace Islam; THAT would be lame cause you wouldn't be embracing us with a NICE WARM HUG then, Would you?"
RANDOM DUDE : "Relax dude. It was an honest question."
ME : "Nah, its not your fault, Half the world thinks so."



RANDOM DUDE
: "Yeah, sorry man.
ME : "It's fyn."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RANDOM DUDE
: So, I wish there was something really fun that would take my mind out of boredom. The Olympics are boring and football doesn't start in two weeks."
ME : "FUN huh? WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU MEAN SIR?"
RANDOM DUDE : "SOMETHING WITH LIGHT  HEARTED HUMOR, A WEBSITE PERHAPS?"
ME : "HMM..WOULD A BLOG DO?"
RANDOM DUDE : "AWESOME!!"
ME : "YEAH, YOU'LL LOVE IT. IT'S CALLED "BOOGERS,CO...............

*And they said i wasn't good at SUBTLE advertising, I'm bloody darn awesome with it*

No comments:

Post a Comment